Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Let's Be Friends


What a lovely surprise I got when visiting Helen Ginger's fantastic blog- Straight from Hel-she gave me a Let's Be Friends Blog Award! Here's what the award is about:


Blogs that receive the Let’s Be Friends Award are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers.
How sweet is that??? Now I get to pass this lovely award on to others.
This is a new friend I've made. A lovely, open writer living in the Blue Ridge Mountains so far awy, but we still have many things in common.
Groovy runs a hilarious blog about her extremely busy life and her lovely family.
Ivor has got to be the most supportive writer of other writers. He jumps up and down and cheers for every single writer's success. A very big heart this one has.
This is a fascinating blog about life in the north of Botswana. A new friend met in cyberspace who I intend to meet in real life one of these good days.
A caring, loving writer whose blog is always a thoughtful read.
I certainly could not leave Selma out of such an award- she's giving, caring and over the top supportive as well as a fantastic writer!
Ms Karen is one of my first cyber friends, we even once had a writing group together. Funny, intelligent honest blog.
Tania Hershman is an extraordinarily talented writer that has a very bright star in her future. To add to that she is one of the most warm and loving people I've met in cyberspace, she really has the best interest of writers always at heart.
My daughter said a funny thing when she was here this past weekend. She was concerned that I would soon be home alone with she and her brother at boarding school and my husband heading back to university. She said, "Anyway, you're never really alone since you have friends on the internet that you talk to." And that's true. I've made many lovely friends in the internet, it really is a wonderful thing.


8 comments:

Helen Ginger said...

So many blogs to go visit! Thank you for sharing your friends.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Ivor W. Hartmann said...

Thank You Lauri its a very sweet thing and those were real kind words, Whoohoo!! Lauri got a Let's Be Friends Blog Award! :) sorry I couldn't resist.

Val said...

wow - thank you so much for ths award! I feel highly honoured to be amongst this roll call :-) and shall enjoy visiting these new blogs. yes lets meet in real life one of these days!

Lauri said...

Helen- thnaks for the award. I hope you'll find time to stop by some of my friends.

Ivor- you are very mush welcome and deserving of the award.

Val- Yes one of these days I will be passing by Kasane (it's Kasane right?) and knock on your door.

Sue Guiney said...

Oh, Lauri, how wonderful! Thank you so much!! And now I can go "meet" the others -- the only one I know so far is Tania.

Lauri said...

Sue- hope you enjoy the blogs as much as I do.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the award, Lauri. It is very much appreciated. You have some great blogs listed. It's encouraging to know there are so many wonderful writers out there!

Lauri said...

Yes, Selma, there are many wonderful writers out there, you among them.