Sunday, March 25, 2012

My First Column at New Internationalist

I'm back home and will blog about all of the wonderful things that happened to me while away- but first I need to recover a bit. In the meanwhile, I thought I'd introduce you to my new column.

One of the many wonderful things that happened as a result of my Caine Prize shortlisting last year was meeting the folks at New Internationalist. I'd had some interaction with them because they're the publishers of One World, an anthology I was a part of. They were at the awards dinner and spoke to me about maybe writing a column for them. I thought I could give it a try and now it is a reality.

The column is called Letter from Botswana, and the first instalment is called "ET is Not An Alien".
I'd love to hear what you think about it.

3 comments:

OneStonedCrow said...

Lovely column Laurie - interesting to read about your arrival in Africa - I was surprised to learn that you'd arrived here from the USA ... I hope to read many more of your columns ...

Lauri said...

Thanks! Well I'm billed for six we'll see how it goes after that.

Anonymous said...

Thrilled about your column Lauri. I am so inspired and impressed. Glad you are still in Botswana all those years later!