Friday, November 23, 2012

What did Tania Hershman say about my short story collection???


The print edition of my short story collection, In the Spirit of McPhineas Lata and Other Stories, is out, published by Hands-On Books.

At the back you'll find a blurb from, Tania Hershman author of My Mother Was an Upright Piano. Here's what she had to say:

"Lauri Kubuitsile's stories are sweet, salty, colourful, hot, and unforgettable. Botswana-flavoured and pregnant with atmosphere, Kubuitsile's writing slips easily between the real and the magical, between death and life, love and sex, humour and darkness, friendship and family. Just as McPhineas Lata wove his seductive spell on the village women, so too will these stories bewitch and enchant."
The ebook is also available at Amazon, though let me tell you a secret...the print book has one extra story in it! Included in the print edition is my story from this year's Caine Workshop, Moving Forward.

2 comments:

Sue Guiney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue Guiney said...

Yay! I'm off to buy it now.