Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Blogging Kudos


I’m new to this blogging world so I was ecstatic when Ms Karen, a long time blogger, added my blog to her award list. The rule, as I understand it, is to pass the award on to others. Keep in mind that I have, very slow, expensive dial-up so I don’t read a lot of blogs, but the ones I do I love.

One of my favourites is Vanessa Gebbie’s blog. She is a very accomplished writer in UK and writes about her writing and life experiences. Lately her blog has gone all wonderful as she’s uncovered her biological sisters after searching for her parents for a lot of her life. It really is the most incredible and heart warming story. Stop by and give it a read.

Of, course I’m a big fan of Selma in the City. Selma lives in Australia. She’s a wonderful writer, her prose on most any topic sings. She is such a kind and giving person, when reading her blog I sometimes think I’m doing an anthropological experiment about how such people are, as I am rarely kind and hardly ever giving. It’s like taking a peek into the other side. What a sweetie!

Petina Gappah is a force that cannot be ignored. I’ve never met her in flesh and blood, but I’ve been told it is an experience one does not forget. Her blog on her writing and, of late, the crisis in her home country of Zimbabwe, is biting and brave. She is an exceptional writer with a razor sharp intellect. I’ll not be surprised if her name will soon be on all book lovers’ lips. Watch this space.

No list of blogs I love and read religiously would be complete without Ms Karen. Ms Karen is snort-tea-out-your-nose funny. She writes about her family and the experiences that she has in such a quirky way. Her fiction always takes thing from a slightly skewed position which is delightful.

Another very generous blogger is Molara Wood at Wordsbody. She was operating from London but now from Lagos. She uses her blog to promote African writers and artists on the continent and in the diaspora. She is exceptionally knowledgeable about what is going on in the Africa writing world it is astounding. She's also a very fine writer.

A blog I’ve found recently through Search Engine Fiction is One Open Book. He is attempting to sift through the gunk that piles up in a life and get to the bare truth. His writing often cuts to the bone, painful and invigorating at the same time. I love reading his writing just before bed so that the thoughts can swirl around in my subconscious as I sleep. Very nice indeed.

Like I said I am new to this blog world. I think it is a wonderful thing. I love the interaction, something in my isolation in my small village in Botswana I crave. I look forward to finding new blogs along the way. Thanks folks!

4 comments:

Petina Gappah said...

Oh, gosh, razor sharp? Biting and brave? Me? Thank very much for this Lauri ... I love your blog too!

Wordsbody said...

Awww, Lauri - thanks.

I luvs ur blug tuu...

MWah!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Lauri. You are so kind. You deserve this award and many more!

Lauri said...

Good stuff, Girlies!Thanks!