Monday, September 1, 2008

The Time of the Short Story Has Arrived (?)

In the UK recently a new short story collection sold the entire first print run of 10,000 copies on its first day on sale. Yaoza! that's really something. The publishers must be sitting up and taking notice now, throwing all their short story doomsday talk out the window. Could it be the time of the short story has arrived sooner than I even imagined? Should short story writers be jumping for joy, happy that their talent will finally be taken seriously? Perhaps.


(NB:Did I mention that the collection includes 800 words from JK Rowlings with some secret info on that bloody wizard of hers?

Damn.
)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, say it ain't so. I was getting really excited there for a minute. LOL.

Lauri said...

I know me too Selma.