Monday, December 8, 2008

Away to Music Camp

I have just finished my first day at music camp in Gaborone. I thought I'd be able to write here daily, but I can see that this is a very strenuous business. There are so many talented musicians in Botswana! I play my trumpet in the bedroom three times a week for 30 mins per day- I am seriously in over my head- and on Saturday we give a live performance! Well I wanted to challenge myself and I've succeeded in that but not much more.

I'll let you know how it goes... if I survive!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Lauri - we only grow when we stretch. I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Lauri said...

Thanks for the encouragement Kayt. The first day I got quite a fright. Yesterday was better, I'm starting to be able to do something as opposed to looking like a rabbit in the headlights. I'm learning tons and that was why I came here.

I was surprised, yesterday I met a man from France who came to Botswana just for the Music Camp. I actually shouldn't be surprised because it would be such an excellent way to meet people and get a real feel for the people and the culture.

Today, day 3, we have a field trip to the Mma Ramotswe film site. If I remember I will take my camera and have pictures to put up here.