Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Bed Launch for Botswana!!

I have been absent from my blog because my blog is not behaving. I can only write. I can't do anything that needs a pop up window, like add the invite for this launch. When I press the button I get a blank page. If anyone knows how to sort this out I'd be thankful for any help. I have a feeling it is a problem in my computer and will see the compute guy on the weekend.

In the meanwhile I want to invite you to another launch for The Bed Book of Short Stories that I helped compile. What has been so lovely about this book is that the contributors have taken it on to launch the book wherever they are. First there was the main launch at the Franschoek Literary Festival in South Africa. Then our contributor from Namibia organised a launch in Windhoek. Then there was the Joburg launch which I was blessed to be able to attend. There was a launch in Cape Town a few weeks ago where everyone wore pajamas. Tonight there is a launch in Centurion organised by the vivacious Rita Britz. And then next Thursday is ours in Gaborone.

The contributors present will include Gothataone Moeng, Luso Mnthali and myself. The MC for the evening is our TJ Dema and the guest speaker is Dr. Leloba Molema from the University of Botswana English Department. Please if you're in Gabs we would love for you to pop by!

When? Thursday 23 September
Where? Mmabolao, Westgate Mall Gaborone
Time? 5:30 - 8 pm

Books will be on sale!!

SEE YOU THERE!!!!

5 comments:

Writerdelic said...

Hi Lauri, great stuff, I'll come for the launch as well, always fun.

Lauri said...

Hi Novuyo, you mean in Gaborone? That would be great! I'm thinking you mean Centurion. :(

CA Heaven said...

I'm on the other side of the world. Good luck with the event >:)

Cold As Heaven

Lauri said...

Thanks Cold as Heaven!
Novuyo it would be so fantastic if you came! I hope it works out.

Val said...

wish i could be there - and look forward to readin the book! best of luck with the events everywhere Vx