Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My New Love


I came to writing because of my love of books, I wanted to be more a part of them. My love of books leads to my other affliction- my love of owning books. I want to have all of them. I am greedy beyond measure. Because of this, bookshelves are always a problem. Thankfully I found a new carpenter and he has made me the best new bookshelves. I'm so enamoured with these shelves I can barely look away from them. The best part about them is that they have so much space! Space for more books- yeah!

8 comments:

Sue Guiney said...

Space for more books - what could be better. especially since a new one is winging its way to you now. :-)

Lauri said...

Oh- must check the post box! Thanks Sue!

CA Heaven said...

I have a big collection of math, physics and geology books. But most of the fiction books I give to the Salvation Army's 2nd hand stores when I have read them ... but I keep my collection of Russian calssics >:)

Cold As Heaven

Judy Croome | @judy_croome said...

They're so beautiful *I've* fallen in love with them, Lauri!! :):)
Judy

Enid Wilson said...

Yes, you better go on a shopping trip now, for books.

My Darcy Mutates…

Anonymous said...

I am still waiting to get my shelf up. but I been wondering, and hoping you can answer this question for me lauri, I am currently working on a book, with its sequel, and now I am beginning to realize how tough the publishing world is. first of all, writing is not even taken seriously here, if someone wants to learn about it, its very hard to find information about agents. so do you mind giving me info of what one is to do to get their book out their? thank you I would very much appreciate your answer

Lauri said...

Anonymous- The publishing world is very different in different places so it would be impossible to know how to advise you not knowing who you are or where you are. For example here in Botswana there are no agents but in other countries you can do nothing without one.

Anonymous said...

oh I am in gaborone, currently a UB student. I met up with a writer's associations recently which I have not joined yet. I still unsure of what to do...