Monday, November 8, 2010

The Bed Book to Be Launched in London!!

YES!! The Bed Book of Short Stories which I helped compile and I have a story inside of is to be launched in London. A wonderful sort of culture has developed around this book. The writers organise launches wherever they are. There have been launches so far in Windhoek Namibia, Gaborone, Johannesburg, Franschoek, and now there will be one in London.

If you're around London please stop in. The writers who will be reading are South Africans Margot Saffer, Melissa Gardner and Zambian Ellen Banda-Aaku who is just fresh from winning the continent wide Penguin Prize for African Writing for her novel, Patchwork.

For a recent review of the book stop by Helen Ginger's blog.

The London Launch
Date: Wednesday, 17 November 2010
Time: 5:30 PM for 6:00 PM
Venue: OXFAM BOOKS, 91 Marylebone High St
London W1U 4RB
RSVP: Melissa Gardiner, melissagardiner@gmail.com
If you get to the launch stop by and let me know all about it!

7 comments:

Enid Wilson said...

Congratulations! How very exciting. Will you hook up to the launch using Skype?

My Darcy Mutates

Mbabazi said...

yours is the first blog from botswana ive found, im reading blogs from al over africa .thank you for the lovely blog. visit by mine and follow if you like.mbabaziannet.blogspot.com

Dianne Hofmeyr said...

Hi there Lauri. Am about to dive into your blogs but a friend who is a writer, has just sent me this info on the launch... not sure how she picked up on it. But I'll definitely be there. There is so much synchronicity. I've written for Kwela and Tafelberg and have a few short stories in their anthologies and also teenage novels with Tafelberg as well as novels and picture books published here in the UK. I live in London now... but love Botswana and have just finished a young adventure novel set there. My memories of Magalapye stretch really far back to the 50's! Now you know how ancient I am! Your termite pics were wonderful as was the mopani moth. It sounds as if you won't be at the launch but will contact Melissa. And I hope we can keep in touch.

Myne said...

Came to say congrats on the Golden Baobab win, and now it's a double. Well done Lauri and all the best!

Lauri said...

Enid- No I won't go by Skype.

Mbabazi- Thanks for stopping by.

Dianne- Great you stopped by and funny how much we have in common. Yes, I'd love to keep in touch. My email is lakubuitsile@botsnet.bw

Myne- Thanks, you reminded me that I should also put the good news on my blog which I have now done.

Muhammad Qasar Rafiq said...

I like this post great work indeed well don keep posting.
Double Beds

Anonymous said...

Excitement to the max. Woo hooo. Good on you, Lauri!!